Research Collaboration Opportunity in Europe for NSF Awardees
Dear Colleague Letter from NSF
This letter invites current NSF grantees to submit supplemental funding requests for research visits to any identified, appropriate ERC-funded European research group. NSF particularly encourages requests from NSF grantees who are early in their careers or who are still actively building their careers. Further, the letter gives instructions on how to submit supplemental funding requests and other relevant policies and requirements.
ERCEA has provided a list of ERC-funded principal investigators (PIs) and research teams interested in hosting NSF grantees. NSF grantees should request this list via email from Roxanne Nikolaus, Office of International Science and Engineering, at email@example.com, and then communicate directly with ERC PIs to ascertain areas of mutual interest and research goals for a visit. NSF grantees then must discuss plans for the visit(s) with the NSF Program Officer managing their award prior to submitting a supplemental funding request. If approved by NSF, the request is forwarded by NSF to ERCEA for review and confirmation with the ERC-funded project.
The European hosts will provide funding to support in-country living expenses during the visits. NSF will provide travel funds to and from Europe. It is expected that the amount requested will not exceed $20,000, inclusive of any foreign travel expenses for qualified family members.
Research Development & Grant Writing News
The March 2022 issue of this valuable newsletter is now available via the Albertsons Library: (Bookmark this page for future reference.)
- Advice for Applicants to Social Science Research Council (or, Really, Any) Competitions
- Pathway from An NSF EAGER to Understanding the “Strengthening American Infrastructure” Solicitation
- An Overview of Early Career and Research Initiation Grants for STEM Faculty
- DOE’s Plan to Strengthen Clean Energy Supply Chains and Bolster Domestic Manufacturing
- Strengthening Community Colleges Training Grants
- How to Formulate Hypotheses for NSF and NIH
- Research Grant Writing Web Resources
- Educational Grant Writing Web Resources
- Agency Research News
- Agency Reports, Workshops & Roadmaps
- New Funding Opportunities
- About Academic Research Funding Strategies
The Research Development and Grant Writing Newsletter is available to faculty, staff, students, and affiliates with log-in access to the Albertsons Library. This subscription is sponsored by the Division of Research and Economic Development with support from the Albertsons Library.