This post was updated to include a link to the program website.
U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA)
The Rural Innovation Stronger Economy (RISE) Grant Program offers grant assistance to create and augment high-wage jobs, accelerate the formation of new businesses, support industry clusters and maximize the use of local productive assets in eligible low-income rural areas.
RISE grant funds may be used to:
- Build or support a business incubator facility;
- Provide worker training to assist in the creation of new jobs;
- Train the existing workforce with skills for higher-paying jobs; and/or
- Develop a base of skilled workers and improve their opportunities to obtain high-wage jobs in new or existing local industries.
More details about RISE program are available on the RISE Program website.
$500,000 to $2,000,000 over four (4) years.
Limited Submission Requirements and Timeline:
One (1) application per institution is permitted.
Only proposals approved by the Division of Research and Economic Development may be submitted to this program. If you are interested in submitting, please send an email indicating your interest to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5 PM on April 28, 2022. You will be contacted if an internal review is needed.
Key Submission Dates:
- April 28, 2022 at 5 PM – Email indicating interest due to email@example.com
- May 12, 2022 – Full proposal due to OSP Pre-Award
- May 19, 2022 – Full proposal due to USDA
Did you find a limited submission opportunity? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.