The Center of Excellence in Biomedical Research seeks investigators to address important issues of women’s health as a supplement to an awarded sponsored project.
National Institutes of Health (NIH)
The Office of Research on Women’s Health (ORWH) and the National Institute of General Medical Sciences (NIGMS), along with the other participating NIH Institutes, Centers, and Offices (ICOs) announce the availability of administrative supplements to IDeA awards to expand research and research capacity in the IDeA states to address important issues of women’s health across the lifespan. The proposed research must be within the scope of the parent grant and must address at least one of the strategic goals of the 2019-2023 Trans-NIH Strategic Plan for Women’s Health Research “Advancing Science for the Health of Women.”
For more information, view the full Notice of Special Interest (NOSI) for Administrative Supplements for Research on Women’s Health in the IDeA States (Notice No. NOT-GM-22-005).
$200,000 or less in direct costs for one (1) year.
Limited Submission Requirements and Timeline:
One (1) application per current award is permitted.
Only proposals approved by the Center of Excellence in Biomedical Research will be permitted to submit under this NOSI. Please submit a white paper to CEBR@boisestate.edu attention Tracy Yarnell, Program Manager: Center of Excellence in Biomedical Research, by June 1, 2022. For questions, please contact Dr. Julia Oxford at JOxford@boisestate.edu.
The white paper must include the following elements:
- Title and Project Summary
- The project summary should be no more than 30 lines, Arial 11pt
- Specific Aims (1-page)
- NIH-style Biographical Sketch
If selected to submit a full proposal, PIs must ensure that proposals meet all requirements stated in the RFP, in the announcement, and in the implementing laws and regulations related to this grant program.
Key Submission Dates:
- June 1, 2022 – White paper due to CEBR@boisestate.edu. We encourage you to cc your Dean for visibility as well.
- October 1, 2022 – Full proposal due to the Center of Excellence in Biomedical Research and OSP Pre-Award*
- October 17, 2022 – Final Proposal due to NIH.
*Since this is a supplement, all final documentation will be due no later than October 1, 2022 to allow for final reviews and processing.
Important Note on Requirements:
- The supplemental proposal will be submitted with the current award’s Principal Investigator as the NIH Program Director/Principal Investigator (PD/PI). The supplement will identify a Project Lead.
- If selected, the full proposal will include:
- Research Strategy (maximum 4 pages);
- Demonstration of IRB, IACUC, and IBC approval, if appropriate;
- If release time from teaching is required, a letter from the department chair must accompany the application;
- A summary of the investigator’s track record in submitting grant applications;
- A list of experiments that will be carried out in the Biomolecular Research Center and/or the Biomedical Research Vivarium;
- A detailed budget and justification for one (1) year, not to exceed $200,000 in direct costs.
Did you find a limited submission opportunity? Email us at email@example.com.