National Endowment for the Humanities
The purpose of this program is to stimulate new research in the humanities and its publication. Summer Stipends support continuous full-time work on a humanities project for a period of two consecutive months. NEH funds may support recipients’ compensation, travel, and other costs related to the proposed scholarly research.
For more information, view the full funding opportunity.
Limited Submission Requirements and Timeline:
Two (2) applications per institution are permitted.
Only proposals approved by the Division of Research and Economic Development may be submitted to this program. For such approval, Principal Investigators must first submit a one-page white paper to firstname.lastname@example.org by July 5.
Your white paper, along with briefly describing the intellectual merit and/or social benefit of your project, should briefly address one or more of the following program goals:
- How your proposed project advances research that is of value to humanities scholars, general audiences, or both.
- How your proposed project may be in early-stage research OR late-stage writing for which small awards are most effective.
If selected to submit a full proposal, PIs must ensure that proposals meet all requirements stated in the RFP, in the announcement, and in the implementing laws and regulations related to this grant program.
Key Submission Dates:
- July 5 – White paper due to email@example.com. We encourage you to cc your Dean for visibility as well.
- July 11 – Internal Awardees Notified
- Sep 21 – Application due to NEH. (Please note: individual applicants will submit to NEH on their own. Applicants will not submit through the Office of Sponsored Programs.)
Did you find a limited submission opportunity? Email us! firstname.lastname@example.org