University of Idaho/National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA)
NASA has released the 2023 EPSCoR Rapid Response Research (R3) solicitation. Potential proposers can view NASA’s solicitation here. The R3 opportunity is intended to provide limited funding (~100K) to researchers for projects that last a year or less and that are specifically targeted to NASA’s needs. The technical part of the proposal is limited to 2-3 pages per topic.
Maximum award amount: $100,000 ($95,000 for the researcher with $5,000 reserved for INE program oversight)
Award duration: Up to 1 year
Who can apply? Researchers from Idaho’s colleges and universities can submit NOIs to be considered for full proposal development.
Limited Submission Requirements and Timeline:
Idaho NASA EPSCoR must submit any proposals on behalf of Idaho researchers, and only a limited amount of proposals will be accepted from Idaho. To that end, Idaho NASA EPSCOR is now accepting Notices of Intent (NOI) for this opportunity to determine which researchers will be selected to move forward with full proposal development. You may fill out the NOI form at this link or by visiting Idaho NASA EPSCoR and clicking on the tab “Submit Proposals.” You do not need to work with OSP Pre-Award at the time of submission of the NOI.
Key Submission Dates:
- October 3, 2022 – Optional webinar for potential proposers: 12:00 PM Mountain Time
- Zoom Meeting link: https://uidaho.zoom.us/j/81232272831
- Meeting ID: 812 3227 2831
- One tap mobile +17193594580,,81232272831# US
- October 10, 2022 – Notice of Intent deadline (An NOI is REQUIRED for this solicitation). You do not need to work with OSP Pre-Award at the time of submission of the NOI.
- November 9, 2022 – First draft of budget and budget narrative due to INE for proposals selected to proceed. Please contact OSP Pre-Award at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are selected to submit a proposal.
- TBD – late November/Early December – Final proposal due. (The proposal deadline will be established based on the number of proposals selected to proceed.)