Mountain West (MW) Clinical & Translational Research Infrastructure Network (CTR-IN) (through University of Nevada Las Vegas)
The purpose of this funding opportunity is to provide support for multi-site clinical and translational (CTR) research with the expectation that the project will yield key preliminary data and capacity building to facilitate a large-scale multi-site extramural grant application or other extramural grant funding opportunities. Multi-Site Pilot Projects must include CTR-IN partner institutions in at least two MW states involving at least 2 partner universities. CTR-IN also recognizes the complexity of conducting such a large multi-site project. Hence, the potential PI and Co-PIs should consider an initial project that first demonstrates the feasibility of conducting such a large-scale multi-site project.
For more information, view the full Multi-Site Pilot Project (MSPP) Grant solicitation.
Direct Costs of $90,000 – $150,000 (higher direct costs may be considered depending upon number of states and institutions involved) for the project period from July 15, 2023 through June 30, 2024.
Limited Submission Requirements and Timeline:
One (1) Lead Site proposal per institution is permitted; however, institutions can be collaborating sites on multiple proposals.
Only proposals approved by the Division of Research and Economic Development may be submitted to this program. For such approval, Principal Investigators must first submit a one- to two-page white paper to firstname.lastname@example.org by October 27.
Your white paper should include:
- Sufficient detail to establish that the research is clinical or translational.
- A proposed list of collaborating partner sites and corresponding Site Leads.
If selected to submit a full proposal, PIs must ensure that proposals meet all requirements stated in the RFP, in the announcement, and in the implementing laws and regulations related to this grant program.
Key Submission Dates:
- October 27, 2022 – White paper due to email@example.com. We encourage you cc your Dean for visibility as well.
- November 3, 2022 – Anticipated date of notification to Internal Awardees
- December 14, 2022 – Nominating Packets due to CTR-IN*
- December 16, 2022 – Invitations to investigators to submit full applications will be issued by CTR-IN
- March 15, 2023– Full proposal due to OSP
- March 22, 2023 – Full proposal due to CTR-IN
*Early submission of the nomination is encouraged. If CTR-IN finds an error prior to the December 14 due date, the nomination may be updated.
Important Notes on Requirements:
- CTR-IN is hosting a webinar on this opportunity will be held on October 5th at 2:00 PM Mountain Time. You can join following this zoom link. If you are unable to attend live, you can access the recording here.
- The PI must 1) have a faculty-level appointment with a minimum of 0.5 FTE support at Boise State, and 2) must be eligible to submit extramural grant applications as a PI. The PI must devote at least 20% effort (2.4 person months) to the Pilot Grant project. Prior CTR-IN awardees are eligible to apply, but they must be in good standing (i.e., submission of requested progress reports and updates). Per IDeA program policy, an awardee may not concurrently receive funding for their research program through other IDeA mechanisms (e.g., CTR, COBRE or INBRE).
- The investigator team will be expected to work with the CTR-IN programmatic Cores [e.g., Professional Development (PD), Community Engagement and Outreach (CEO), and Biostatistics, Epidemiology, Research & Design (BERD)] that will provide mentorship and guidance on multi-site clinical study design, biostatistics, community engagement and outreach, grant writing and identification of extramural funding opportunities. In particular, the investigator team should utilize support of the multisite data coordination offered at the University of New Mexico Health Science Center through the BERD Core for funded multi-site pilot projects.
- For help with statistical analysis, please contact Laura Bond (firstname.lastname@example.org). For general questions, you may contact Cheryl Jorcyk (email@example.com).
Did you find a limited submission opportunity? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.