- Follow general application requirements for degree-seeking students (see Graduate Admission Requirements)
- A bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited university
- A cumulative GPA of 3.0 in undergraduate Respiratory Care coursework.
- Active Registered Respiratory Therapist credential (RRT)
- Active state license (not applicable for Alaska & international students)
- Clinical experience
- Written statement of applicant’s educational goals/research interests/program expectations
- Two letters of recommendation
If you reside outside of Idaho, please review this section carefully
The Master of Science in Respiratory Care program is available to students in all states. More information about State Authorization is available at Why Boise State Online. This program does not lead to professional licensure in any U.S. state or territory.
If you reside outside of the United States, please review this section carefully
The Master of Science in Respiratory Care program does allow for international students to be admitted on a case by case basis. If you are an international student interested in applying to the program, please submit your International Graduate Application, and your materials will be reviewed by our program staff.
Application Deadlines by Semester
Space is limited, so early application is recommended. Admission decisions are made on a rolling basis. The priority deadline to submit application materials for Fall semester is June 1.
Review the online program calendar (PDF) for semester start dates and deadlines. Please note: This is a summary of key dates within the academic calendar for online programs and is subject to change. For current official academic calendar details, please refer to the Boise State Academic Calendar.