Nonresident Transfer Student
A nonresident transfer student is defined as an individual who has earned 14 or more semester credits post-high school by the scholarship deadline and holds residency in a state other than Idaho. Students with concurrent college credits during high school are considered new students.
Complete the steps listed on this page to maximize your funding opportunities.
STEP 2: Meet the Deadline
No additional application is needed! Scholarship recipients are notified through their admission letter. Scholarships will be made visible in the Student Center three weeks after an admissions decision has been reached.
The criteria listed here are for the 2023-24 academic year. This criterion is subject to change.
|Scholarship Name||Other Required Criteria||Required Cumulative College GPA||Value||Length of Program||Fall Deadline||Spring Deadline||****Renewal Credits (fall and spring)||Renewal Cumulative GPA|
|Treasure Transfer||*Must have an eligible major.||3.40-4.0||$8,000 per year||2 years (4 semesters)||December 15||October 1||24||3.00|
|Western Undergraduate Exchange (WUE) Transfer||**Have an eligible major.|
***Must be from an eligible state.
|3.90-4.0||$14,572 per year||2 years (4 semesters)||December 15||October 1||24||3.00|
- Only incoming transfer students are considered for the Treasure Transfer or Western Undergraduate Exchange (WUE, pronounced “woo-ee”) Transfer scholarships. Consideration is based on their admissions materials received by the scholarship deadline. A complete application includes the admissions application AND transcript(s). All criteria must be met by the deadline.
- *Students must have an eligible major for the Treasure Transfer scholarship. If one of the following majors is declared you will not be eligible for the Treasure Transfer: Nursing, Pre-Nursing, Radiological Science, Pre-Radiological Science, Alternative Fee Programs, and fully online programs. These programs are subject to change.
- *Students must have an eligible major for the WUE Transfer scholarship. If one of the following majors is declared you will not be eligible for the WUE Transfer: Radiological Science, Pre-Radiological Science, Alternative Fee Programs, and fully online programs. These programs are subject to change.
- **To be considered for the WUE, you must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident and have a permanent residence within one of the following participating states/U.S. territories: Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, North Dakota, Oregon, South Dakota, Utah, Washington, Wyoming, Commonwealth of the Northern Marianas Islands, American Samoa, Republic of the Marshall Islands and the Federal States of Micronesia.
- WUE scholarship recipients cannot count time in the WUE program towards establishing Idaho residency. Visit the Idaho Residency webpage for more information.
- WUE scholarship covers 150% of the resident tuition, this is a savings of $14,572.00 per year.
- Scholarship recipients are required to enroll full-time (12 credits) each semester of the award (fall & spring terms) and are still responsible for resident fees and the uncovered portion of the nonresident fees. Online courses that charge a per-credit fee instead of standard tuition do not count towards the required 12 credits per semester.
- ***Recipients must be enrolled in at least 12 credits each semester (fall & spring) and successfully complete at least 24 credits combined (fall & spring). One-semester recipient (fall or spring only) must successfully complete at least 12 credits.
- While courses that are repeated within the same academic year may be eligible for federal financial aid, they do not count toward the 24 credits required for scholarship renewal. To learn more about repeated credits visit the Repeated Credits webpage.
- Priority consideration is given to students seeking their first bachelor’s degree.
- Please make yourself familiar with the Scholarship Policies for additional details.
- Current information on tuition at Boise State University can be found on the University Tuition & Fees page.