Novelist Anna Caritj to join the Creative Writing Program faculty

Anna Caritj will join the Boise State Creative Writing Program faculty in January, 2023. “I’m excited,” Caritj said. “There’s something special about a program that’s committed to the art of narrative not only in fiction, but also in poetry and theatre and film. It will be an honor to work alongside fellow artists in all of those disciplines. I’m also very much looking forward to getting to know BSU’s students, as well as the city of Boise. For the last few years I’ve lived a somewhat nomadic life, and I can’t wait to make a home in Idaho.” 

Caritj will teach classes in both the undergraduate Creative Writing Program and the Creative Writing MFA Program. Mitch Wieland, the Director of the Creative Writing MFA Program, said, “I’m thrilled Anna will be joining our creative writing faculty next month. She’s a fantastic writer and a gifted and insightful teacher. I look forward to all that she will add to the program.”

About Anna Caritj

Anna Caritj holds a BA from the University of Virginia, where she studied Spanish and English literature, and an MFA in creative writing from Hollins University. She received the Wagenheim Fiction Prize in 2012. The author of the novel, “Leda and the Swan, her short stories appear in Blackbird, Mid-American Review, and The Sewanee Review. She grew up in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia, where much of her work takes place. She has lived, most recently, in Texas, California, New Mexico, and Florida.