The following books are used in this class:
- Feldman, M. & Davidson J.E. (2016). Idaho Wilderness Considered. Idaho Humanities Council.
- Finney, C. (2014). Black faces, white spaces: Reimagining the relationship of African Americans to the great outdoors. University of North Carolina Press.
- Limerick, P. N. (2006). The legacy of conquest: The unbroken past of the American West. W.W. Norton.
- Limerick, P. N., & Hanson, J. L. (2012). A ditch in time: The city, the west, and water. Fulcrum Publishing.
- Steel, B., & Wolters, E. The environmental politics and policy of western public lands. Corvallis, Oregon: Open Oregon State, Oregon State University. Retrieved from https://open.oregonstate.education/enviromentalpolitics/
- Von Hardenburg, W. G., Kelly, M., Leal, C., & Wakild, E. (2017). Nature state: Rethinking the history of conservation. Routledge.
- Wilkinson, C. F. (1992). Crossing the next meridian: Land, water, and the future of the west. Island Press.