After a year-long evaluation, the New Path Community Housing 2019 Evaluation Report is live on our website.
As program evaluator, Idaho Policy Institute oversees all evaluation activities and works closely with New Path partners to design data collection strategies, monitoring, and reporting for this program with the objectives to:
- Measure the program’s ability to meet stated goals and objectives, and
- Inform project partners’ decisions for program improvement.
This evaluation measures the impact of the Housing First model on New Path residents in four outcome categories: health, criminal justice, housing, and well-being. Key achievements in New Path’s first year include:
- A 63% decrease in utilization of emergency services,
- Total annual savings/cost avoidance of $1,381,386, and
- An increase in overall resident well-being.
Read the full report on our City of Boise New Path page.