Battalion Command Sergeant Major
- Principal advisor to the commander on the state of morale, discipline, and training of Cadets within the battalion
- Advises the Battalion Commander on planning, coordinating and supervising activities of the battalion
- Helps train and counsel Cadets regarding attitude, appearance, military courtesy, and discipline. Reports serious cases to the Battalion Commander.
- Supervises Battalion formations; responsible for training and execution of drill and ceremonies at all levels
- Supervises the Color Guard to maintain the highest standards of training and appearance. Supervises the flag detail.
- Responsible for the appearance of Cadets, equipment and facilities
- Serves as a link between all Cadets and the Senior Military Instructor
- Creates and executes the BN physical fitness program