2024 Boise State Blue Thunder Marching Band Auditions
Know the audition type you need:
- Blue Thunder Marching Band only, Idaho area students: Blue Thunder Marching Band in person auditions will take place on Friday April 5, 2024 and Saturday April 6, 2024.
- In person Music Major/Music Minor AND Blue Thunder Marching Band: Department of Music in conjunction with Blue Thunder Marching Band auditions will be held on February 10th and 24th, 2024. You must request both a BTMB audition slot, and a Department of Music audition slot.
- Blue Thunder Marching Band local Color Guard Auditions: In person auditions is a 2 day camp that will take place on the evening of Friday April 5, 2024 and all day Saturday April 6, 2024.
- Blue Thunder Marching Band out of the area video audition: Video Audition Upload Requests for Blue Thunder Marching Band, all sections including drumline and color guard, are available through the form linked below. Out of State Fee Waiver applicants should make every effort to submit a completed audition by February 24, 2024, when the scholarship team will begin to offer awards.
Blue Thunder Marching Band Audition Information
Please see the Audition Steps and Important Information sections below for preparation and Audition Request Form. Once auditions begin, Out of State Fee Waivers & Scholarship Awards will be awarded to successful auditionees while funds continue to be available.
Carefully review the requirements on this page, then prepare to fill out the Audition Request Form . Sign up for a live audition if you reside within 100 miles of campus, while those outside that radius have the option to submit a video link. Use Audition Request Form linked in the Important Information section for both audition types.
Email email@example.com or call (208) 426-1846.
- Prepare for your Blue Thunder Marching Band audition with the video guide and instrument specific materials in the Audition Materials section. If you are outside the 100 mile range and are applying for a video audition, please upload your completed audition as an unlisted video to YouTube, and make note of your link before proceeding to step 2.
- Use the Audition Request Form to request all types of auditions. Request a live audition, let us know you are auditioning for the Department of Music & BTMB, and submit the link to your video audition.
- Out of State Fee Waiver applicants should make every effort to submit a completed audition by February 24, 2024, when the scholarship team will begin to offer awards.
- Audition in person for the Music Department Music Majors/Music Minor degrees in conjunction with Blue Thunder Marching Band on February 10 or 24, 2024. Please peruse the Music Department admission page for audition information and forms. Additionally, when you fill out the BTMB Audition Request Form let us know that you are also auditioning for the Music Department. You must fill out and audition request for both areas.
- Blue Thunder Marching Band live, in person auditions can be scheduled individually for April 5 & April 6, 2024. Follow the Audition Steps section to request an audition appointment.
- To audition for more than one section simply repeat the steps to submit a video or schedule and audition appointment for each instrument.
- Components to your Blue Thunder Marching Band scholarship application:
- Boise State University Acceptance (or Application Submission proof) for full time attendance
- BTMB Audition Request/Video Upload
- Boise State General Scholarship Application are the components to your BTMB scholarship application.