Thinking ahead to Academic Year 2020-2021?
Graduate Teaching Assistant
- Minimum yearly stipend of $9,588
- Tuition Waiver (including non-resident tuition waiver)
- Medical insurance coverage
- Renewable for a second year
- Assist Directors with all aspects of the Athletic Bands, including the Blue Thunder Marching Band and pep bands
- Opportunities are available for students to arrange music and design drill based on interest and experience
- Students will have the opportunity to conduct pep bands
- Audition to perform with the Symphonic Winds
- Assist with the operation of a comprehensive collegiate band program
- Average time commitment will not exceed 20 hours per week
- Students will have the opportunity to conduct the All Campus Band based on interest and experience
- On campus duties not to begin before August 3, 2020
- Must be admitted to an advanced degree program in the Department of Music at Boise State University and enroll full time during the course of the assistantship
- Bachelor’s degree in music from a nationally accredited institution
- Graduate performance level on principal instrument
- Teaching experience preferred
- Step 1: Send current resume that includes three references to Joe Tornello & Jennifer Myers, email@example.com
- Step 2: Fill out a Graduate Assistantship Application for the Department of Music; email completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org Additional materials may be requested.
- Step 3: go to https://www.boisestate.edu/music/graduate/ for the Department of Music application and audition information.