Immersive Virtual Reality
FALL 2021 offered remotely.
What is our ambitious goal?
To create and build photorealistic virtual reality environments. Watch short videos of students in action!
- This course teaches students how to capture, create, edit and build virtual reality environments in a variety of head mounted displays such as GearVR, Occulus Rift, and Google Cardboard.
- Students gain practical experience and training in developing virtual reality software, applications and digital environments.
- Short field trips to interesting locales are included to capture real world 3D visuals!
- Methods and Technologies used on this project: 3D design, coding and coding software, computer vision systems, design thinking, fieldwork, human interface design
Majors or Interests Needed
We’re looking for students with the one or more of the following majors or interests:
- Any/all majors welcome to join. Students with majors in Art, GIMM, or Computer Science specifically saught.
- Prefer some experience with computer graphics software, tools, and coding.
- Willingness to code in various software packages.
- Willingness to do external field work for capturing VR scenes.
VIP Coach Information
Dr. Steve Cutchin joined the faculty at Boise State University in August 2013. From 2008 to 2013 he was the manager of the KAUST Visualization Laboratory Core Facility and the Supercomputer Facility at King Abdullah’s University of Science and Technology (KAUST) in Thuwal, Saudi Arabia. Full bio at https://coen.boisestate.edu/faculty-staff/stevencutchin/
VIP 200-004, VIP 400-004, or VIP 500-004.
Full semester course. Choose to enroll in 1 or 2 credits.
VIP teams and meeting times will be organized at the beginning of the semester.
Interested in joining this team?
For more information and to request a permission number to register contactDr. Cutchin: email@example.com OR complete this interest form and someone will contact you. Check out this document for tips on contacting a professor about joining a team.
To register: search by Subject: Vertically Integrated Projects, select section 004 of VIP 200, 400, or 500. Use permission number, here are instructions https://www.boisestate.edu/registrar-help/add-with-permission-number/