Inflammation and Stem Cells
What is the ambitious goal of this project?
No effective treatments for Parkinson’s disease, ataxia or muscular dystrophy exist. 99% of that research has focused on 4 proteins. We’re trying something new.
- Graduate students work closely with experienced undergraduates to accomplish complex tasks (e.g., western blotting, mouse genotyping PCR).
- Experienced undergraduates work with less experienced undergraduates to train and accomplish tasks requiring a lower level of complexity (e.g., cell culture).
- Everyone meets at least once per week to share and discuss results.
- Methodologies used in this project: laboratory testing, qualitative research methods, quantitative research methods
Majors or Interests Needed
- Biological Sciences
- Biomolecular PhD Program
- Students entering this VIP at the lowest level are expected to have passed BIOL 191 and BIOL 192.
- Higher levels within this VIP can only be obtained by direct experience within the Morrison lab.
VIP Coach Information
E-Mail Address: email@example.com
VIP 200, VIP 400 or VIP 500
Full semester course. Choose to enroll in 1 or 2 credits.
Interested in joining this team?
For more information and to request a permission number to register contact Dr. Morrison at firstname.lastname@example.org OR complete this interest form and someone will contact you. Check out this page for tips on contacting a professor.
To register search by Subject: Vertically Integrated Projects, read the project description to find the right section of VIP 200, 400, or 500.
Here are instructions for using permission numbers Add with a permission number