The Boise State University Office of Budget and Planning (OBP) is committed to delivering outstanding service to the university community and public stakeholders in a transparent, efficient and effective manner. Our work includes:
- planning and allocating financial and human resources (positions) in support of the university’s strategic plan through the annual planning process and the development of multi-year financial models
- developing and submitting State budget requests and required reports, managing budgeted State funds utilizing the State’s budget system, and responding to inquiries from the State Board of Education, Idaho Division of Financial Management, the Idaho Legislative Services Office, and other public stakeholders
- producing objective, accurate, and timely information and analysis to inform planning, decision making, and policy formation
- managing the overall university-wide budget through budgetary control practices, position budget management, budget transfer oversight, policy development and enforcement, and Special Funding Requests (SFRs) and Memorandums of Agreement (MOAs) tracking and approval
- providing support, tools, and training to campus units to promote effective and efficient budgetary practices throughout the entire university
Find our staff assignments, responsibilities, and contact information on our contact page.