What do I need to know before getting started?
- Marketplace is Boise State University’s official eCommerce solution. It utilizes Transact Campus to process payments.
- All university staff using Marketplace must complete the online Payment Card Industry (PCI) training prior to being granted access to Marketplace.
- Using Marketplace will help you in collecting payment for services, facilitate easy registration for your events or sell your products.
- Payment methods include credit cards (Visa, MasterCard, Discover) and electronic checks (ACH).
- Using Marketplace increases your responsibility to protect consumers’ information, adds business expenditure and increases your daily office procedures. For most departments, though, the added cost and responsibility are worthwhile.
- The credit card companies and the bank assess monthly merchant fees for all bank cards. To cover these costs, your department is charged a monthly fee of 3% of the amount of revenue collected during that month. This fee is charged to your department’s account by a journal entry. For returned Electronic Checks (ACH), there is a $25 return fee that your department is responsible for. Credit card chargebacks may also be your department’s responsibility.
- Shipping charges are calculated using a combination of a flat per order amount and/or a per-item charge.
- For taxable items sold via eMarkets, sales tax will be calculated using the current rate and displayed at checkout.
- For taxable items sold via Checkout, you will need to configure your business application to calculate sales tax using the current rate or account for the sales tax after the fact on the department transmittal.