Supporting the University’s Academic Mission by
• Ensuring the integrity of the University’s financial accounting and reporting systems
• Safeguarding University assets
• Preparing complete, unbiased and timely disclosures and financial reports
• Providing effective and efficient accounting and operational support while complying with University, federal, state and regulatory financial guidelines
How does the Controller’s Office support Campus?
- Collaborate with campus community to reduce tax burden and maintain compliance.
- Provide training, assistance and guidance to help campus manage fiscal responsibilities for their units.
- Advise how to leverage OFC segment strings to streamline reporting.
- Provide guidance on proper classification of University assets.
- Assist in establishing best practice procedures related to cash management and transaction processing.
- Offer direction with understanding revenue recognition and OFC Accounts Receivable reporting.
- Track fixed assets – Review and process journal entries – Process and maintain non-student accounts receivable
- Maintain OFC segments and reporting hierarchies
- Manage debt and investment portfolios
- Provide daily cash and banking services – Prepare tax filings
Accounts Receivable (non-student receivables)
Relocation Services (moving expenses for new hires)
Have you heard? Boise State University will be transitioning banks from Wells Fargo to JP Morgan beginning in February 2020. This will include all depository and disbursement accounts currently held with Wells Fargo. Please stay tuned for additional information and important next steps.
Fixed Assets and Inventory Control has moved the Salvage Form online! For disposal, trade-in, sale, or donation of equipment, visit our Forms page and click on “Request for Disposal of Excess Inventory Items” to get the process started.
Tax season is here and we are here to help. Visit our Year End page for lots of information. The IRS has declared new payment deadlines for the 2019 tax year, see the Year end Tax page for more details.