Supporting the University’s Academic Mission by
• Ensuring the integrity of the University’s financial accounting and reporting systems
• Safeguarding University assets
• Preparing complete, unbiased and timely disclosures and financial reports
• Providing effective and efficient accounting and operational support while complying with University, federal, state and regulatory financial guidelines
How does the Controller’s Office support Campus?
- Collaborate with campus community to reduce tax burden and maintain compliance.
- Provide training, assistance and guidance to help campus manage fiscal responsibilities for their units.
- Advise how to leverage OFC segment strings to streamline reporting.
- Provide guidance on proper classification of University assets.
- Assist in establishing best practice procedures related to cash management and transaction processing.
- Offer direction with understanding revenue recognition and OFC Accounts Receivable reporting.
- Track fixed assets – Review and process journal entries – Process and maintain non-student accounts receivable
- Maintain OFC segments and reporting hierarchies
- Manage debt and investment portfolios
- Provide daily cash and banking services – Prepare tax filings
Accounts Receivable (non-student receivables)
Relocation Services (moving expenses for new hires)