The mission of the Advising and Academic Support Center (AASC) is to promote students’ academic excellence with special emphases on:
- General academic advising for first-year success
- Major exploration services for students who do not have a major or are considering a major change
- Intensive advising for students on academic probation or returning after dismissal
- ACAD and Bronco Ready student-success courses
- Learning Assistants in critical courses
- Academic support resources (skill-building workshops)
- Academic coaching
AASC general advising and academic support services are available to all students regardless of major status. AASC strives to achieve the following for all Boise State students:
- Empowered: We work to ensure that all students are empowered to make the best decisions possible while pursuing their academic goals.
- Approachable: We are passionate about student success and do our utmost to help all students feel welcome and valued.
- Knowledgeable: We strive to increase our students’ knowledge about opportunities at Boise State and then use that knowledge to make progress in their academic programs.
We look forward to helping you achieve your academic goals!