Explore Majors at Boise State
The Advising and Academic Support Center (AASC) helps students engage in thoughtful and intentional major exploration, including those thinking about changing their majors. Begin the exploration process below.
Myths about “exploring students”
Exploring is bad
- Students may feel some anxiety about being “undeclared” or “exploring”, but intentional exploration can be beneficial for some students.
- About 80% of all college students change their majors before graduating. On average, college graduates change their majors an average of three times.
- Students entering Boise State as “undeclared” are committing themselves to exploring all that the university has to offer and learning more about what they need in a career prior to selecting a major.
The Perfect Major
- Exploring majors and careers is about finding a major or career that fits you BEST. There is no perfect major or career that fits you and your interests 100%. Your exploration will help you identify the major and/or career rooted in your passions, understanding that there will still be challenges.
The magic test
- There is no test or self-assessment that can predict your career with 100% certainty. Self-assessments are about learning more about yourself and your interests, values, and abilities.