Lecturers are non-tenure-track faculty whose primary responsibility is teaching non-clinical courses in degree and/or certificate programs for an academic year. The three levels of lecturer appointments are shown below, along with the minimum annual compensation levels. These levels are evaluated periodically and updated by the Provost.
- Lecturer 1 minimum salary, from $43,175 to $44,675
- Lecturer 2 minimum salary from $45,350 to $46,850
- Lecturer 3 minimum salary from $47,750 to $49,250
Lecturer Level 1:
- Master’s degree with less than four years of contractual experience*.
The Level 1 minimum annual salary is $44,675
Lecturer Level 2
- Master’s degree with four years of contractual experience, or a terminal degree within one’s discipline and less than four years contractual experience*.
The Level 2 minimum annual salary is $46,850
Lecturer Level 3
- Terminal degree within one’s discipline and four years of contractual experience, or Master’s degree with eight years of contractual experience*.
The Level 3 minimum annual salary is $49,250
Senior Lecturer Level 3
- This is an honorific recognition not associated with an increase in salary. It requires, with rare exception, a Terminal degree within one’s discipline and more than ten (10) years teaching experience under a Boise State contract. Each department is responsible for developing its criteria and process for promotion to Senior Lecturer in consultation with the college dean and Office of the Provost.
The Senior Level 3 minimum annual salary is $49,250
*Contractual Experience – Teaching while on a Lecturer contract at Boise State University or equivalent position at another institution. See University Policy #4250.
Updated April 27, 2023