Skip to main content

Idaho Center for the Book

Special Collections and Archives at Albertsons Library became the home of the Idaho Center for the Book (ICB) in 2020. ICB was originally established in 1993 by Boise State English Professor Tom Trusky, becoming the state affiliate of the Center for the Book at the Library of Congress. Trusky served as director until 2009 and his successor, Art Professor Stephanie Bacon, led the Center until 2020.

Tom Trusky, 1989

The mission of the Idaho Center for the Book is to encourage and promote an interest in reading, writing, making, disseminating and collecting books, as well as studying, preserving, and sharing the literary and bibliophilic heritage of Idaho. ICB seeks to support and coordinate with the efforts of local, state, and national organizations who share similar interests and goals.

For more information or to join our mailing list, please contact idahocenterforthebook@boisestate.edu.

The ICB logo is a tribute to the Lapwai Mission Press, the first press (1893) in the Pacific Northwest. “Lapwai” is the Nez Perce Indian work for “place of the butterflies.”