The clinical education portion of the Master of Athletic Training at Boise State will provide students with the opportunity to integrate knowledge into clinical practice as defined by the Commission on Accreditation of Athletic Training Education (CAATE). Six clinical practice courses spanning 2 years will allow the athletic training student to gain a wide range of clinical education experiences that mirror future employment opportunities. The athletic training student will be actively engaged and supervised by a licensed athletic trainer or other healthcare provider at various clinical sites across the Treasure Valley. These clinical sites include NCAA Division I athletic teams at Boise State, other colleges, local high schools, youth sports associations, sports medicine clinics, primary/urgent care facilities, rehabilitation services, and professional sports teams. Students will be exposed to the continuum of care working with a variety of patient populations from youth sports to general population patients. While working closely with their preceptors, students will gain valuable clinical skills and professional behaviors that will prepare them to function as highly qualified healthcare provider for “athletes of all kinds”.
- Boise State University is a comprehensive doctoral research institution with over 24,000 undergraduate and graduate students. Bronco Sports has 18 NCAA Division I athletic teams that compete in the Mountain West Conference. Boise State Sports Medicine currently has 9 full time and 6 graduate assistant athletic trainers that provide athletic training services to over 400 athletes.
- Emergency Responders Health Center
- Idaho Sports Medicine Institute
- Boise State University Health Services supports the educational mission of Boise State University by providing convenient, accessible and high quality health care to the campus community.
- Saint Alphonsus Urgent Care and Sports Medicine
- Foothills Physical Therapy
- Northwestern Nazarene University
- Idaho Steelheads Hockey
- Boise High School