Eligibility for the Use of Career Center Services
It is expected that employers will interact with students, alumni, and Career Center staff in a professional and ethical manner, including providing complete information about their organization and conditions of employment within their organization. Employers must also meet the following requirements to be eligible to use the Career Center facilities and/or services:
- Must adhere to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) guidelines, the National Association of Colleges and Employers Principles for Professional Practice, and the Boise State University Career Center’s Employer User Policy. The Career Center reserves the right to decline approval for any employer job posting or access, as we deem appropriate.
- Comply with the NACE Internship Principles regarding unpaid internships. (http://www.naceweb.org/connections/advocacy/internship_position_paper/
- Comply with “for profit” private sector employer standards regarding unpaid internships as set by the Fair Labor Standards Act
- Supply current contact information including organization name, address, contact person, domain/company based email address, phone number, physical address, organization description, pay rate (if applicable), detailed description of position, and preferably a website.
- Keep all student information obtained confidential unless receiving additional written student consent. This standard complies with Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA).