Welcome to Alicia Cash

The Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry would like to welcome our newest employee, Alicia Cash. She’ll be working in the Chemistry office…stop by and say hello!

Portrait photo of Alicia Cash
Alicia Cash, Grants Accountant for the Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry

My name is Alicia Cash and I am the new Grant Accountant for the Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry. I am excited for this opportunity, and I look forward to getting to know you all better!

I was born and raised in Powell, Wyoming, a rural town in the northwestern part of the state, but I made my way to Idaho in 1998 when I transferred to the University of Idaho to finish my bachelor’s degree in accounting. I accepted an Income Tax Accountant position with Albertsons Corporate Office in Boise and have resided here since December 2000. I recently worked as a Controller and Business Manager at an estate planning law firm for ten years before joining ExtraMile Arena as a Senior Accountant in July of 2021. I am currently working on a Masters of Accountancy on campus, and I plan to obtain my CPA license.

My husband, Chris, and I have four dogs: two chocolate, female labs, named Mabel and Maisie, a black lab/shepherd mix female we rescued from the Idaho Humane Society named Ellie, and a 100% pit bull male, formally named Waylon, but whom answers to “Boy”. Chris and I have three children: my daughter, Auriana, age 26, my son, Remy, age 20, and his daughter, Allison, age 15.

I enjoy contributing in our community and most recently served as Treasurer on the Friends of Zoo Boise Board of Directors for ten years where I worked alongside the Executive Director to oversee Zoo Boise’s financials, prepared their annual tax return, and participated in capital campaigns to raise awareness for conservation as well as fundraise for the organization. I speak fluent Spanish and practice my Spanish most when I talk to my dad. I participate in a running group with my daughter, enjoy taking our dogs on walks in the foothills, and I like listening to an audiobook while I’m driving.