Communication Student Awarded Prestigious Media Internship

A portrait of undergrad student Estefany Vega

Communication student Estefany Vega has been awarded a Television Academy Foundation Internship this summer. Each year, the nationally competitive scholarship selects 50 undergraduate students for internships that provide hands-on work experience, mentorships and opportunities for accelerated career development.

For her internship, Vega will travel to Los Angeles to work on the narrative series, “Con Man,” a web comedy series created by Alan Tudyk and Nathan Fillion.

“I will be working with their crew on their second season observing the production process of the series through script development, pre-production and post-production,” Vega explained. “The most exciting part of this internship for me is being able to work in the heart of cinema and television production. I’m eager to get hands-on experience and learn from professionals in the industry. Getting to work alongside people that love creating passion projects is a dream come true.”

Vega said her ultimate career goal is to become a producer.

“I want to be able to create films and television that not only entertain people but challenge them to think about and see the world through a different lens,” she said. “I’m so grateful to my instructors – Ryan Cannon, Lorena Davis and Nathan Snyder – for showing me what it means to be passionate and proud about the work you create.”

In addition to working on a bachelor’s degree in communication, Vega is earning two certificates at Boise State — in cinema and digital media studies, and leadership and human relations.

BY: CIENNA MADRID   PUBLISHED 10:16 AM / MAY 23, 2016