The Dean’s Office is here to help share your stories and promote your events!
Please share your events three weeks prior to the date of the event. This timeline is minimally required for us to be able to help promote your event across university calendars and newsletters. If your event is less than three weeks away, we may not publish your event.
November 2023 – The College is working on an updated submission process that will help us share your accomplishments and stories. We plan to launch this in the Fall 2023 semester. Thank you for your patience—we are excited to hear and share your stories soon.
Opportunities for Students, Staff and Faculty
Do you have an opportunity for COAS students, faculty or staff? Email firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll publish these to our “opportunities for…” feeds and include these in internal college newsletters.
Communications and Web Resources
- Boise State Brand Standards and Guidelines – This website includes Boise State colors, typography and downloadable logos.
- Boise State Writing Style Guide – We use AP style for websites, marketing and communications. The style guide helps with some Boise State-specific style considerations.
- Social Media Guides and Registration
- Webguide – Find answers to most questions about using WordPress at Boise State.
- Web Accessibility – Learn about how to make your web and digital content accessible.
Communicating with Students
Student Affairs and Enrollment Management oversee policies and procedures for communicating with students. Visit their Communicating To Students website for information.
Writing for public and general audiences
- Boise State’s Research and Creative Activity Communications Toolbox – This website is a great resource for faculty who want to announce or promote their research and creative work publicly. It’s a great resource for us as communication pros too.
- 7 Tips for Scholars on Writing for Nonacademics (Chronicle of Higher Ed)
We have two photo galleries available for University projects and websites. One is COAS-specific and the other is provided by Visual Services in the Office of Communications and Marketing.
- Image and Media Specs and Guidelines – Using images and media on our Boise State websites. Includes image sizes for various pages, posts and panels.
- COAS Photos and Videos – These photos are available to all COAS faculty and staff to use for digital and print projects. The small files are provided to easily scroll through these. Please use the large files and optimize images correctly for websites.
- University Photo Galleries – This gallery is provided by the Office of Communications and Marketing (OCM). Create an account and request permission from OCM to download images.
Learn more about using and optimizing images and media on websites on Web Guide.
Website Support and Training
Visit the Webguide Support and Training pages for answers to common questions using WordPress at Boise State.
University Web and IT Policies
- University Web Policy (8040) – For public websites and electronic communications.
- Information Technology Accessibility Policy (8140) – Describes accessibility requirements for all digital publications including websites, PDFs and images.