The search is on for a Faculty-out-of-Residence (FOR) in the Adventure Idaho Living Learning Community (AIC LLC), beginning in the summer of 2023.
Review the FOR Position Description for details about the role and expectations. To learn more about being a FOR and the impact you can have on the student experience, take a peek at the videos below:
- Impact – Living Learning Program (4:22 mins)
- Living and Learning Communities at Boise State (2:51 mins)
- Living Where They’re Learning
There are currently eight communities in the program, each sponsored by an academic college. Dr. Rulon Wood currently serves as the Faculty-in-Residence (FIR) for the Adventure Idaho LLC, which is one of two LLCs supported by the College of Arts & Sciences. With a community of 45 residents, the FOR provides vital support for the students in this program in collaboration with the FIR. This is a unique opportunity to connect with first-year students, help them transition to college and support their academic pursuits.
Please connect with Rulon Wood (firstname.lastname@example.org)or Kristin Olson (email@example.com), who oversees this process, for more information.
- Nov. 14 – Dec. 16: Interested faculty have an informational meeting with Kristin Olson. You can schedule that on her Calendly.
- Jan. 6 by 9 a.m. (Friday): Deadline by which applicants submit their application packets as outlined in the FOR Position Description. (Work with your chair to complete the Funding and Workload Agreement form.)
- Early January: Interview process
- Late January / early February: Candidates receive notification of selection status.
Thank you for considering this important opportunity!