The Department of Finance awards scholarships to finance majors every year. To be considered for finance scholarships you must complete Boise State University’s scholarship application by the spring deadline. A scholarship committee will review the applications in April. Don’t assume that you won’t qualify for a scholarship. If you meet the minimum requirements, submit an application!
The College of Business and Economics also awards scholarships each year. You can apply for both department and college-level scholarships by completing the same application. If you have questions about finance scholarships, please contact our department’s scholarship committee member, Garrett McBrayer, Ph.D. You can reach him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Who may apply:
- All full-time undergraduate finance majors (undergraduate = 12 credits or more).
- The committee gives preference to students who will be juniors or seniors for the coming school year and have an overall GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- You will be notified of any awards by email in mid- to late April. Check your myBoiseState student account for awards.
- Some scholarships are awarded based on financial need. For need-based scholarships, you must also complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
When to apply:
Complete the Boise State scholarship application on or before:
- February 15 for all students (new, continuing, transfer and grad students)