Transfer Credit and Repeat Policies for SCM major requirements
Students sometimes choose to augment their program at Boise State University with courses taken from other sources. While we support this choice, there are some constraints of which you should be aware. Review the information below to insure these classes will apply to your degree progress.
Supply Chain Management Transfer Credit Policy
Note: This policy was adapted from the BSU Department of Mechanical and Biomedical Engineering Transfer Credit Policy
- If you’ve taken courses at another school prior to enrolling at BSU (i.e., you are a transfer student), it is possible that some of those courses were not considered as direct equivalencies to our courses by the university transcript evaluators. If you feel a class should count towards one of our requirements, you may submit a Transfer Credit Evaluation request.
- To request a transfer credit evaluation, complete the Request for Transfer Equivalency form found under student forms on the Office of the Registrar’s website and email it along with the course syllabus to the IT-SCM Department at ITSCM@boisestate.edu. A separate submission is required for each request. Within two weeks, you will receive an e-mail indicating whether or not your request was approved. When approved, this e-mail will validate you have met prerequisite course requirements and can be used in requests for permission numbers for subsequent SCM courses.
Per the Office of the Registrar: One of the reasons why a course may be transferred as non-equivalent includes: The course is essential and/or specific to the major, and the department needs to determine if it is equivalent.
For students currently enrolled:
Please be aware that not all external courses meet the requirements of the BSU SCM program in terms of content and rigor. If you are planning on taking a course from another university and transferring that course as a SCM prefixed BSU course, you must submit a transfer credit evaluation request prior to enrolling in the non-BSU course. By doing so, you will verify that the course is a valid substitute and will be approved.
- To request a transfer credit evaluation, complete the Request for Transfer Equivalency form and email it along with the course syllabus to the IT-SCM Department at ITSCM@boisestate.edu. A separate submission is required for each request.
- Within two weeks, you will receive an e-mail indicating whether or not your request was approved. To receive credit once you have successfully completed the class, contact the IT-SCM office (ITSCM@boisestate.edu). Note that you will be asked to provide the course syllabus (specific to the course section you completed, not a master syllabus).
• Upper-division core SCM required courses (SCM 366, SCM 380, SCM 410, SCM 416 and SCM 435) are critical to the SCM curriculum and must be completed at Boise State University.
• If you are considering replacing SCM 301 or another SCM prefixed course not listed above with a non-BSU online course, please note that the course syllabus must clearly document that an in-person proctor is required for exams, and it must state the process used for proctoring (e.g. testing center). If you have previously taken a course at BSU and you are now trying to transfer in another course as a replacement, you must have earned at least a C- in the BSU course in order for your transfer to be approved.
Repeat Policy and SCM Major Continuation
Students out of compliance with the University repeat policy (Policy 3190) are not permitted to change their major to Supply Chain Management, or to continue pursuing the major if already declared.