Fall 2021 Advising Information
Welcome back Broncos! We are here to help. In efforts to keep students, staff, and faculty safe, COBE Advising will be following guidelines set by the Boise State Department of Public Health. Visit the COVID-19: Info and Resource webpage for the latest updates.
Required Advising Information
- First-Semester Students – go to the First-Semester Advising page
- All Other Students – see information below
Walk-in Advising (no appointment needed)
With walk-in advising, you will have same-day access to meet with an advisor and have your required advising hold removed! Please note these hours are subject to change. For in-person walk-ins, our office has a limited capacity. You may be asked to return at a later time if the capacity is reached.
Walk-in Days and Times
Monday: 9:00 am – 4:00 pm
Wednesday: 10:00 am – 4:00 pm
Thursday: 9:00 am – 4:00 pm
Virtual Extended Hours
Date: Thursday, October 21st
Time: 5:30 pm – 7:30 pm
Please complete the form below to join our virtual extended hours. The confirmation page will redirect you to join Zoom.
The form will be available during extended hours.
For students who are unable to make walk-in hours, virtual appointments can be scheduled below.
Senior Academic Advisor
Senior Academic Coordinator
How to Prepare for Your Advising Meeting
Being prepared can be the key to success! Here are some ways you can be ready for your advising meeting.
- Review your checklist and academic course plan
- Know and understand requirements for the major you are pursuing or considering
- Have an idea of the courses you want to enroll in for the following semester
- Read course descriptions and be aware of pre/corequisites
- Prepare a list of questions for your advisor
- Bring a laptop or tablet to your advising meeting
- Be aware of important dates and deadlines on the Boise State Academic Calendar
- Complete advising before your registration date
- Engage and participate in your advising meeting
- Be honest about what you need to be successful