COBE Admission Criteria
COBE Admission is a requirement for all Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) majors and minors. It is designed to prepare students for the rigors of upper-division business coursework and is achieved by completing the nine COBE Gateway Courses. COBE Admission is also required to declare a COBE BBA major; students will typically see their major listed as “Pre-Business” followed by their intended major (ex. Pre-Business Accountancy) until they are admitted to COBE. The criteria for COBE Admission are as follows:
- Admitted to Boise State University.
- Completion of all COBE Gateway Courses with a grade of C- or higher.
- Achieve a minimum COBE Gateway GPA of 2.5.
- Complete the COBE Admission Application.
- Pay the $25 application fee.
*The application priority due date is October 1 for the fall semester and March 1 for the spring semester. Students who are finishing gateway courses in the summer will apply in the spring.
Who Should Apply
- COBE Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) majors: Accountancy, Finance, Business Economics, Business Administration, Human Resource Management, Entrepreneurial Management, Marketing, Supply Chain Management, Information Technology Management, and International Business.
- Non-COBE majors who are minoring in the following: Accountancy, Finance, Human Resource Management, Entrepreneurial Management, Marketing, Supply Chain Management, Information Technology Management, and International Business.
- Second-degree seeking students working on a BBA degree.
Who Should NOT Apply
- COBE Bachelor of Science and Bachelor of Arts majors: Economics BA, Economics-Quantitative Emphasis BA, and Business and Economic Analytics BS
- Non-COBE majors pursuing +Business Minor/Certificate, Business Analytics Certificate, Nonprofit Minor/Certificate, Business Creation Certificate, Resort and Hospitality Management Certificate, and Sustainability Minor
How Will I Know My Admissions Status
All official communication between the COBE Advising staff and students will be through BroncoMail. Applications will be processed once received and payment is confirmed. Students who are in progress of gateway courses will be provided a “COBE-Pending” status until final grades have been reviewed. This status will allow enrollment in upper-division courses given other prerequisites are met. Students will become “COBE-Admitted” at the end of the term once final grades are reviewed and have met the criteria.
Submitting the Application
If you try submitting your COBE Application and receive an error, try one of these helpful suggestions before contacting COBE Advising.
- Clear cookies from your browser.
- Use a different browser that is not your default browser.
- Open a new window under “incognito” mode.
- If the form is incorrectly populating when logged in, try hitting “reset” at the bottom of the page.