Admission Criteria and Requirements
- Admitted to Boise State University
- $25 non-refundable processing fee
- Achieve a minimum COBE Gateway GPA of 2.5
- Completion of all Gateway Courses with a grade of C- or higher
- Students will apply in the semester they are finishing the gateway courses
- Students finishing gateway courses in the summer will apply the spring before
COBE Admission FAQs
Who Should Apply
- COBE bachelor of business administration (BBA) majors who meet the requirements listed above
- Business minors
- Second-degree seeking students working on a BBA degree from COBE who meet the requirements listed above
Who Should NOT Apply
- ECON BA or BS majors
- ECON secondary education majors
- Non-business majors
- General business minors: There are enough “Open Courses” for students to complete a GEN BUS minor without applying to COBE.
How Does COBE Admission Benefit Students
- Prepares students for business topics discussed at the upper-division level
- Allows for more available seating in the 300 and 400-level business courses for COBE students
- Facilitates classroom discussion
- Enhances student group projects
How Will I Know My Admissions Status
All official communication between the COBE Advising staff and students will be done through your myBoiseState email account. We recommend that you check this account on a regular basis.
Helpful Tips for Submitting Application
If you try submitting your COBE Application and receive an error, try one of these helpful suggestions before contacting COBE Advising.
- Clear cookies from your browser
- Use a different browser that is not your default browser
- Open a new window under “incognito” mode
- If the form is incorrectly populating when logged in, try hitting “reset” at the bottom of the page.
Please reach out to our office directly if you have continued issues with submitting your application.
The COBE Admission Application is temporarily down for maintenance. Please try back at a later date. We appreciate your patience as we work through system updates.