COBE Graduate Nic Kawaguchi Reports Inovus Acquisition by SolarOne

Nic Kawaguchi, COBE graduate and director of marketing of Inovus Solar, Inc. shared the news with us about Inovus being acquired by SolarOne.

SolarOne Solutions, Needham, Mass., a provider of professional solar area lighting solutions to customers worldwide, announced last week it was acquiring Inovus, a Boise solar lighting company with complementary products, markets and technologies.

COBE Boise State graduate, Nic Kawaguchi
Nic Kawaguchi

Kawaguchi was with Inovus from 2009-2014 and returned in June of 2016. He along with the eight other employees of Inovus will stay on with SolarOne in Boise. Kawaguchi’s title will change to sales and marketing manager and he looks forward to the future.

“The new partnership will help us sell into new markets around the world — specifically the Middle East,” said Kawaguchi, “which is something we have been wanting to do.”

Kawaguchi tipped his hat to Boise State University and the education he received.

“Boise State’s MBA program prepared me to handle this type of opportunity and to take part in this experience. I am grateful to have met so many high caliber professors and classmates during my time at the College of Business and Economics. My career at Inovus was directly tied to the connections I made through a class in the MBA program.”