In 1934 Boise Junior College catalog consisted of 33 mimeographed pages and included six courses in business. Today, the College of Business and Economics has more than 185 courses for 15 undergraduate and 10 graduate programs. And, we are growing. See COBE numbers here.
A Place to Learn
We are housed in the Micron Business and Economics Building (MBEB) on the corner of Capitol Blvd. and University Drive, the northwest gateway to Boise State University. New in 2012, our building is a high-quality learning environment and features:
- A real-time learning lab which encourages students to develop new educational initiatives and establish a center of expertise on enterprise workflows.
- A financial trading room with nine individually licensed Bloomberg terminals, allowing students to use the data, research, analytics and news that industry professionals employ.
- A state-of-the-art, 250 seat lecture hall which serves as a magnet for attracting educational opportunities to COBE for lectures and speeches by distinguished leaders from academia, business and government.
- An Imagination Lab that provides an open, flexible arrangement and team breakout rooms called Anti-Complacency Room, Reverse Thinking Room and the Aha Room to spark new ways of thinking and doing.
A Way to Learn
We inspire our students and colleagues to achieve their full potential by creating and sharing relevant knowledge, skills and experiences for the benefit of local and global communities.
- Business for the New Generation course helps students see the big picture in business and how different disciplines fit together. Utilizing Bloomberg Business Week, live case studies, real-time technology and guest lecturers, this course helps freshman choose majors and picture their future professional careers in order to make informed choices during their academic careers.
- Innovative MBA programs designed to address the different needs of business graduate students. Boise State now offers four different MBA programs: Career Track for recent graduates from any discipline, Professional (part-time) MBA for professionals with 2+years of business experience, Online MBA and an Executive MBA for seasoned executives.
We are the only university in the Treasure Valley with AACSB International accreditation.
- As a signatory of the United Nations Principles for Responsible Management Education (PRME), COBE is well positioned to continue to integrate global social responsibility throughout our curriculum, research and community engagement efforts.
- Our entrepreneurial environment and close ties with our region’s business center provide a vibrant laboratory to teach, research, consult and make an impact.
- Our innovative certificate/minor Business Bridge to Career program for non-business majors provides essential business education to the next generation of nurses, gallery managers, construction supervisors, high school principals, etc.
- We are working on our fifth annual Sustainability Report, a student-led project.
College of Business and Economics led the way for a Boise State University and National Economics University in Hanoi, Vietnam, 2+2 program. Vietnamese students will study two years in Hanoi and two years at Boise State. Students completing this 2+2 program will receive a Boise State degree.