Computational Math Science and Engineering Ph.D.
Application Requirements for Computational Math Science and Engineering Ph.D.
Download the CMSE Emphasis Checklist (Excel)
- COMPUT 601 – Introduction to Graduate Studies (1 credit)
Required Core Courses (12 credits):
- MATH 567 Numerical Methods for Differential Equations (3 credits)
- CS 566/MATH 566 Numerical Linear Algebra (3 credits)
- CS 507 Computing Foundations for Computational Science (3 credits)
- COMPUT/ME 571 – Parallel Scientific Computing (3 credits)
Domain Science Courses (6 credits):
- Pre-approved domain science courses can be found in the student handbook
Elective Courses (10 credits):
- Must be approved by the supervisory committee and Computing Program directors. Pre-approved electives and specific requirements are given in the student handbook
Comprehensive Exam (1 credit):
- COMPUT 691 Doctoral Comprehensive Examination (1 credit)
Dissertation (30 credits):
- COMPUT 693 Dissertation (30 credits)
Total Credits: 60
Content on this page is provided as a quick reference for planning. All official degree requirements are published on the Graduate Catalog site.