Computer Science Ph.D.
Download CS Course Checklist (Excel)
- COMPUT 601 – Introduction to Graduate Studies (1 credit)
Required Core Courses (9 credits):
- CS 521 – Design and Analysis of Algorithms (3 credits) OR CS 561- Theory of Computation (3 credits)
- CS 552 – Operating Systems (3 credits)
- CS 573 – Advanced Software Engineering (3 credits)
Elective Courses (19 credits):
- Must be approved by the supervisory committee and Computing Program directors. Pre-approved electives and specific requirements are given in the student handbook
Comprehensive Exam (1 credit):
- COMPUT 691 Doctoral Comprehensive Examination (1 credit)
Dissertation (30 credits):
- COMPUT 693 Dissertation (30 credits)
Total Credits: 60
Content on this page is provided as a quick reference for planning. All official degree requirements are published on the Graduate Catalog site.