Data Science Ph.D.
Application Requirements for Data Science Ph.D.
Download Data Science Course Checklist (Excel)
- COMPUT 601 – Introduction to Graduate Studies (1 credit)
Required Core Courses (12 credits):
- CS 533 – Introduction to Data Science (3 credits)
- CS 534 – Machine Learning (3 credits)
- MATH 562 – Probability and Statistics II (3 credits)
- MATH 572 – Computational Statistics (3 credits)
Data Science Elective Courses (6 credits):
- 3 credits must be in CS and 3 must be in MATH.
Pre-approved data science electives can be found in the student handbook
Elective Courses (10 credits):
- Must be approved by the supervisory committee and Computing Program directors. Pre-approved electives and specific requirements are given in the student handbook
Comprehensive Exam (1 credit):
- COMPUT 691 Doctoral Comprehensive Examination (1 credit)
Dissertation (30 credits):
- COMPUT 693 Dissertation (30 credits)
Total Credits: 60
Content on this page is provided as a quick reference for planning. All official degree requirements are published on the Graduate Catalog site.