We are excited to announce that the STEM Action Center is taking the lead on i-STEM summer institutes. Please go to the STEM Action Center’s website to see how you can get involved in this exciting venture!
i-STEM is a coordinated statewide effort involving participation from K-12 educators, higher education, Idaho National Laboratory, the State Department of Education, Idaho Professional-Technical Education, and other businesses and industries to support science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) education in Kindergarten through 12th grade.
The i-STEM project mission is to enhance and develop excellence in STEM education for Idaho’s future by:
- Identifying, complementing, and collaborating with stakeholders to advance STEM in Idaho
- Identifying Idaho’s STEM education needs
- Building the bridge between resources and educators to fill the gaps in STEM education
- Promoting the vital role of STEM education for Idaho’s future
- Providing accessible statewide STEM education resources through an IT network
Strands are 20-hour courses for educators to enhance the learning of science, math, and technology to students across Idaho. Instructing the courses are Strand Providers who are individually selected for their expertise and leadership in their STEM field.
Unfortunately, due to COVID-19, all i-STEM institutes have been cancelled.
June 15-18, 2020 @ College of Southern Idaho
June 15-18, 2020 @ Lewis-Clark State College
June 16-19, 2020 @ Idaho State University
June 22-25, 2020 @ College of Eastern Idaho
June 22-25, 2020 @ North Idaho College
June 23-26, 2020 @ College of Western Idaho
Abbey Erquiaga – email@example.com