- Gain specific knowledge and skills to contribute to a welcoming and inclusive environment on campus, including:
- Enhanced intrapersonal and critical awareness regarding the role one’s positionality can play in fostering (or impeding) a more inclusive campus
- A better understanding of, and empathy for, the experiences of specific identity and cultural groups
- Increased understanding of patterns of marginalization and systems of oppression
- Improved communication skills for communicating effectively across difference and breaking down barriers to inclusion
- Demonstrate your commitment to continuous efforts towards a more diverse, equitable, and inclusive Boise State University.
- Become a campus leader who is better prepared to promote and support diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts.
The BUILD (Boise State Uniting for Inclusion and Leadership in Diversity) certificate program supports campus educators to gain knowledge and skills to contribute to a welcoming and inclusive environment on campus, demonstrate your commitment to our continuous efforts towards an inclusive Boise State University, and become a campus leader who is better prepared to promote and support inclusion and diversity efforts. Enroll in the BUILD Certificate Program. Contact Tasha Souza (email@example.com) with any questions about the BUILD Certificate Program.
Conference on Language, Identity, and Culture
Monday, November 18, 12:00pm -1:15pm
Bishop Barnwell Room, Student Union Building
Collective Thriving Conference
Pre-Conference: Tuesday, December 3
Conference: Wednesday, December 4 and Thursday, December 5.
All dates 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Student Union Building