What to Expect
Before deciding to submit an Emergency Absence Notification request, it’s important to be aware of what’s expected from students who are needing to be absent and what’s expected from the Office of the Dean of Students in terms of student support.
Students who need to be absent are expected to…
- review their course syllabi for attendance and grading policies.
- communicate their absences directly to their instructors when possible.
The Office of the Dean of Students…
- cannot excuse students from classes or coursework.
- does not have control over instructor attendance or grading policies.
- can support students experiencing difficulties by assisting them in problem-solving and in getting connected to on-campus and community resources best positioned to support them.