Skip to main content

Graduate Student Resources FAQs

Graduate Student FAQ

This is a place for graduate students to ask a common (or not-so-common) question.

Ask in box
Please tell us your name and email.

This page is monitored and maintained by the GPC and by Department of Geosciences adminstrative staff.

short FAQs

longer FAQs

  • How do I plan for and reconcile grant-funded travel?  Start by talking to your advisor and learn how to initiate a travel authorization (online) using their grant or project number.  Department office staff can help, but many answers can be found at the travel FAQ page.  Keep in mind that travel authorization requests should be submitted 2 to 4 weeks prior to the start of travel.