In the Flexible Teaching for Student Success Institute, faculty will experience an online course from the student perspective, while participating in interactive and individual activities that give them opportunities to consider important aspects of their fall courses. Participants will review their course learning outcomes, identify alternative assessments, review the key elements of asynchronous teaching and plan ways to create engaging, inclusive online spaces for students. At the end of the institute, faculty participants will have a foundation for flexible teaching in the fall.
This experience is best for:
- Faculty new to asynchronous teaching who would benefit from specific, immediate feedback
- Faculty with experience in some/all of the topic areas, but looking for additional skills and/or collaboration on course materials
Faculty who complete this experience and submit the required deliverables will be eligible to receive a $1000 stipend*.
The Tier 1 institute will be offered four times during the summer in the following sessions:
- June 1 – June 19
- June 15 – July 3
- July 6 – July 24
- July 20 – August 7
For each session, there will be multiple groups of faculty being supported by facilitators. (Think of it as multiple sections of a course offered simultaneously).
It is our goal to assemble these groups so that the work that you complete during the three weeks will be both rich and efficient.
Before applying, consider which of the following will work best for you, as you will need to indicate a preference on the application form.
- Participation as an individual (you working on our own course(s) in a cohort with other individual faculty)
- Participation as part of a cohort (e.g., all UF100 instructors, all first-year writing instructors, everyone from a particular program, a group of people who all teach the same course)
- Cohorts are encouraged when possible because planning can benefit from community interactions focused on building similar courses.
To be fully considered for participation, complete the application form for the institute by Tuesday, May 12 (5pm). Applications received after that date will be considered on a space-available basis.
Applicants will be notified about whether or not they have been accepted by Wednesday, May 20, 2020.
Tier 1 is completely full.
Thank you for your interest!