The Department of Educational Technology is a diverse network of education scholars, professionals, and candidates who:
- Lead research and innovations in online teaching and learning,
- Model, promote, manage, and evaluate digital-age teaching and learning resources in K-higher education environments,
- Inspire creativity and expertise in digital media literacies,
- Design and develop imaginative learning environments,
- Empower learners to be evolving digital citizens who advocate cultural understanding and global responsibility,
- Promote and pattern participatory culture, professional practice, and lifelong learning, and
- Forge connections between research, policy, and practice in educational technology.
Programs in the Department of Educational Technology were designed for the purpose of advanced study and development of educational technology practitioners. Many of our students are practicing teachers who have obtained professional teaching licensure in their respective states before admission to the program, but others may be seeking licensure.