Steps to Graduation
Getting ready to graduate? Make sure you complete the following steps……>
1) Application for Admission to Candidacy (AAC) for a graduate certificate (must be logged into myBoiseState in order to access this form): the AAC electronic form must be submitted immediately after official admission if you are earning a graduate certificate. You need to list only the three to five courses required for your particular certificate. For future classes for which you do not yet have a grade, select the term “In Progress” from the drop-down menu in the Grade column.
Once submitted, our office and the graduate college will review the form and will send you a copy of the final approved form for your records. Be sure to complete the form as for the certificate, since the same form is used for a similar purpose for degrees.
2) Application for Admission to Candidacy (AAC) for a Degree (must be logged into myBoiseState in order to access this form): the Application for Admission to Candidacy (AAC) electronic form must be completed at about 18 credits for your Master’s degree. You will need to list all 11 courses that you will need to meet your degree requirements: 5 core courses (EDTECH 501-505), 5 electives (your choice) and the culminating activity, EDTECH 592-Portfolio. Your Academic Advisement Report, accessed from within your Student Center, is a big help in completing this form. For future classes for which you do not yet have a grade, select the term, “In Progress” from the drop-down menu in the Grade column.
Be sure to complete the form for the degree to which you are admitted, since the form is also used for certificate programs. Once submitted, our office and the Graduate College will review the form and will send you a copy of the final approved form for your records.
3) Application for Graduation: follow the instructions within Apply for Graduation after you receive an email from the graduate college letting you know they have received and approved the forms in #1 and #2 above. you must apply twice – once for your Master’s and once for your certificate.
4) Apply for portfolio class – apply for this culminating activity once you have submitted your Application for Admission to Candidacy and have only one semester left in your degree program. It cannot be taken concurrently with any core course. It can be taken with one elective class in spring or fall semesters.
5) Complete your coursework successfully! Look for your diploma and/or certificate in the mail about 6 weeks after your graduation date.