TRIO Academic Coaching and Educational Support
TRIO Academic Coaching and Educational Support (ACES) provides academic support for students with disabilities. The Educational Access Center (EAC) determines and implements accommodations for students with disabilities. TRIO ACES cannot approve accommodations, please visit the EAC’s website for information and assistance with accommodations.
TRIO ACES is a federal TRIO program funded by a $261,888 grant administered by the US Department of Education. TRIO ACES is one of five Student Support Services programs located within the Center for Multicultural and Educational Opportunities at Boise State University. We offer a multi-faceted support unit—offering academic assistance and encouragement for our eligible students. Our goal is to help students earn their four-year degree and develop into scholars that are well prepared for their future careers and/or graduate programs.
The goal of the TRIO Academic Coaching and Educational Support (ACES) Program is to encourage and support 100 students who have disabilities in pursuing and attaining an undergraduate degree by offering individualized services to successfully guide students through their academic goals towards graduation.
To be eligible to participate in the TRIO ACES program you must complete an application and be formally accepted into the program.
Primary eligibility requirements:
- Must be accepted to Boise State
- Must have a verified disability
- Must be a US citizen or a permanent resident
- Must demonstrate an academic need
Other eligibility requirements may include:
- Low-income status in accordance with federal guidelines
- Academic coaching and mentoring
- Educational support to increase study skills and learning strategies
- Advice and assistance with course selection
- Assistance with the FAFSA and scholarship applications
- Education to improve financial literacy
- Social events and activities
- Advocacy support for disability services
- Career counseling and interview preparation
- Internship opportunities
- Grant aid for eligible students
- Tutoring support for freshman or sophomore level courses
- Group study room and computer lab
Apply for TRIO ACES!
If you or someone you know, may qualify to be a part of the TRIO Academic Coaching and Educational Support program, please click the button below to apply.