TRIO Academic Coaching & Educational Support
TRIO Academic Coaching and Educational Support (ACES) provides academic support for students with disabilities. The Educational Access Center (EAC) determines and implements accommodations for students with disabilities. TRIO ACES cannot approve accommodations, please visit the EAC’s website for information and assistance with accommodations.
TRIO Academic Coaching and Educational Support (ACES) is a federal TRIO program funded by a $261,888 grant administered by the US Department of Education. The TRIO ACES Program is located within Boise State University’s Center for Multicultural and Educational Opportunities. We offer a multi-faceted support unit—offering academic assistance and encouragement for our eligible students. Our goal is to help students earn their four-year degree and develop into scholars that are well prepared for their future careers and/or graduate programs.
The goal of the TRIO ACES Program is to encourage and support students who have a disability to pursue and attain an undergraduate degree by offering individualized services to successfully guide students through their academic goals towards graduation.
To be eligible to participate in the TRIO ACES program you must complete an application and be formally accepted into the program.
Primary eligibility requirements:
- Must be accepted to Boise State
- Must have a verified disability
- Must be a US citizen or a permanent resident
- Must demonstrate an academic need
Other eligibility requirements may include:
- Low-income status in accordance with federal guidelines
- Academic coaching to build study skills and learning strategies
- Advice and assistance with course selection
- Assistance with the FAFSA and scholarship applications
- Education to improve financial literacy
- Social and cultural activities
- Advocacy support for disability services
- Career counseling, major exploration, and interview preparation
- Internship and leadership opportunities for Juniors and Seniors
- Grant aid for eligible students
- Tutoring support for freshman or sophomore level courses
- Group study room and computer lab
Apply for TRIO ACES!
If you or someone you know, may qualify to be a part of the TRIO Academic Coaching and Educational Support program, please click the button below to apply.