TRIO Social Events
“End of Spring Break” Movie Night: “13th”
- Date: Sunday, April 18th
- Time: 7:00pm
- Description: Join TRS Staff and Peer Mentors to watch the moving documentary exploring why a country with only 5% of the world’s population, has 25% of the world’s prisoners. Director Ava DuVernay’s examination of the U.S. prison system looks at how the country’s history of racial inequality drives the high rate of incarceration in America.
TRIO Spring Graduate Celebration
- Date: Friday, May 7th
- Time: 5:30pm – 7:00pm
- Join the Graduate Celebration via Zoom
- Description: Join us on Friday, May 7th to virtually celebrate our Spring 2021 graduates! All TRIO students are welcome and we encourage you to invite family and friends to attend as well! Please RSVP below.
Online Student Webinars
Boise State Online is hosting a number of different webinars for students this semester and in preparation for the summer semester. These webinars will be offered throughout April and May. Please check out the list below for more information.
- Research in Action: Vaccine Webinar, 4/6/21 12:00 pm
Join us to discuss topics related to the Moderna, Pfizer-BioNTech, and Johnson and Johnson COVID-19 vaccinations. Faculty, researchers, professors, and students will be presenting current research, information, and details during this event.
- Do Money Differently, 4/13/21 4:00 pm
Offered in collaboration with Student Financial Services, join us to hear from guest speaker Todd Romer about how to look at money management in a new way. Sponsored by Mountain America Credit Union.
- Using the Online Library- Tips & Tricks from Our Experts, 5/3/21 10:30 am
In this session, students will learn how to successfully navigate the Albertsons Library website, learn how to search for books (print and electronic) and journal articles, and find out how to request materials from other libraries (interlibrary loan). Offered in collaboration with Albertsons Library expert Megan Davis.
- Academic Integrity- What You Need to Know, 5/4/21 4:00 pm
Join Academic Integrity Program Director Madison Hansen for an informative webinar about how to identify and avoid forms of academic misconduct like cheating and plagiarism and instead uphold academic integrity and the excellent reputation of a Boise State degree.
- Academic Success in an Online Setting, 5/5/21 12:00 pm
Hosted in collaboration with AASC’s Academic Development and Recovery team, this webinar offers practical advice to students who are taking courses online. Topics areas such as time management, organization, study techniques and resources are covered during this interactive and informative one hour webinar.
For the 2020-2021 academic year, TRIO Rising Scholars and TRIO Teacher Prep will be introducing a series of functions that will: inform and educate our TRIO community around topics of social marginalization and oppression; celebrate, honor, and promote diversity and inclusivity; and bring awareness to current social and civic affairs.
1. Register for the event
- Determine if the event conflicts with your class schedule and work with your instructors in advance.
- Follow the event deadlines below and RSVP in a timely manner.
- If event registration and payment is required, TRIO will use your RSVP form to complete your registration and payment.
2. Attend the event
- We ask that you attend as much of the full duration of a function as you possibly can.
- We ask that you commit to full participation by being an active listener, contribute to conversations, and demonstrate respect and dignity toward others.
3. After the event
- Complete the Reflection Summary below within two weeks of your participation.
- Meet with your Educational Specialist or Peer Mentor for a debrief discussion about the event and your reflection summary.
Campus Resources and Support Services
The Graduate School Workshop Series
The Boise State TRIO Rising Scholars, TRIO McNair Scholars Program, Graduate College, and LSAMP are teaming up to provide Boise State students with a FREE workshop series that addresses the benefits of graduate school, the application process, and how to produce a competitive application. Visit the Graduate School Workshop Series webpage for the schedule of workshops and to RSVP.