Alumna Christi Arnold awarded West Ada School District Teacher of the Year

Christi Arnold with her family
Alumna Christi Arnold with her family. Arnold was recognized as West Ada’s 2019-20 Teacher of the Year. Photo courtesy Christi Arnold.

Christi Arnold (MEd, Educational Leadership, ’14) has been recognized as the West Ada School District’s 2019-20 Teacher of the Year. Arnold currently teaches kindergarten at Barbara Morgan STEM Academy in Meridian.

According to the district’s announcement, “Mrs. Arnold was recognized for her innovation, teamwork, and her ability to impact the learning of her students. Everyone on staff also appreciates her warm sense of humor.”

Ryan Wilhite, principal at Barbara Morgan STEM Academy said, “Mrs. Arnold is an extremely talented and innovative educator that possesses a wide range of skill sets and abilities.”

Arnold has taught in the West Ada district in Title I schools since 2002. West Ada is Idaho’s largest school district, and serves nearly 40,000 students.

Arnold credited her parents, teachers, and her college education as inspiring her journey to become a teacher and leader. “College professors helped me to become the first in my family to earn a college degree,” said Arnold. “I would not be where I am today without wonderful mentors investing in me. My professors took the time to get to know me, to point out my strengths and to help me build on them.”

Learn more about the MEd in Educational Leadership program