Please follow these best practices in order to create performant, web-standard, and reliable events for the University Events Calendar.
- Only apply the “uec” tag to events that are available to the university community as a whole.
- Always add a Featured Image in your event. The Featured Image is the only image that gets imported during automatic imports. The featured image should not include any text and the optimal size for featured images is 664×664 pixels. The University Photo Repository is a great place to find 664×664 px pre-formatted images that you can use for your events.
- Always include a description, date, time, and location. If you have ticketing or RSVPs for your event, be sure to create a call to action that links to the location where users can accomplish this.
- Do not edit your event’s title after it is imported to the UEC, as the import process uses titles to avoid duplicates and will register it as a new event.
- Use APA formatting and follow the University Writing Style Guide when creating your event language to ensure it is conventional and meets university standards.
- Always make sure your event description and images meet Web Content Accessibility.