Idaho Opportunity Scholarship for Adult Learners
Recognizing the need for a well-educated workforce, the state of Idaho established the Opportunity Scholarship to remove barriers to higher education and prepare college/university graduates to enter the workforce. The scholarship funds are available per school year; recipients must re-apply each year and are eligible to receive the scholarship for a maximum of four years.
Annual individual awards are up to $3,500 per year.
To be considered for the Idaho Opportunity Scholarship for Adult Learners a student must:
- Be an Idaho resident
- Have an unweighted, cumulative GPA of 2.7 or above
- Be working towards their first undergraduate degree or certificate
- Have at least 24 postsecondary credits before a cease in enrollment
- Not have attended a postsecondary institution within the last 24 months
- Be admitted as a degree-seeking undergraduate student at Boise State University
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid
- Complete the online Idaho Opportunity Scholarship for Adult Learners application.